Middletown firefighters hailed for saving choking baby’s life
Members of the Middletown Fire Department are being called heroes for saving a baby's life.
A car arrived at the fire house with a baby they say was not breathing.
The father told firefighters his child had been feverish all day.
After observing signs of choking and fluid in the airway, Lt. Taggart performed several back blows to the child to clear any possible airway obstruction.
After several attempts - the baby spit up fluid and began to cry.
Oxygen was administered and the baby was monitored closely before being turned over to the care of Mobile Life Support Services who transported the child to Garnet Medical Center.