Crawford police: Fog didn't cause Christmas evening crash
There are new details about a serious Christmas evening crash involving nine people in the town of Crawford.
On Wednesday, two people are still in critical condition, one is in serious condition and six are stable.
The crash happened at the intersection of Route 52 and County Route 17.
The woman driving the Kia Telluride involved has been identified as 42-year-old Victoria Bayne from New Paltz.
She's in critical condition.
The Audi driver is 21-year-old Joshua LaGrange.
He is listed in stable condition.
The crash is still under investigation, but Crawford Town Police emphasize fog did not play a role in causing it.
The condition of the passengers of the Kia are:
- Female, 75, from Middletown is in stable condition at Garnet.
- Female, 42, is in serious condition at Westchester Medical Center.
- Male, 42 is in critical condition at Garnet.
- Male, 11, is in stable condition at Westchester Medical Center.
- Male, 9, is in critical condition at Westchester Medical Center
- Male, 5, is in stable condition at Westchester Medical Center
- Male, 4, is in stable condition at Westchester Medical Center.
- The injuries consist of head trauma, broken bones, cuts and abrasions.
Police say previous news reports about fog being the cause of the accident are inaccurate. The accident remains under investigation.