STORM WATCH

Extreme heat continues with scattered storms throughout the weekend

Yonkers landlords issued violations for lack of carbon monoxide detectors

A week after nearly a dozen people were sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning at an apartment building in Yonkers, the owners of the building were issued multiple summonses on Wednesday after officials found no carbon monoxide detectors inside.

News 12 Staff

Apr 26, 2019, 12:39 PM

Updated 1,883 days ago

Share:

A week after nearly a dozen people were sickened by carbon monoxide poisoning at an apartment building in Yonkers, the owners of the building were issued multiple summonses on Wednesday after officials found no carbon monoxide detectors inside.
An inspection also found that smoke detectors were not working at the Coyle Place building.
At the time of the incident, carbon monoxide levels were well above the lethal level, which was unknown without working detectors.
Yonkers Housing and Buildings Commissioner Vincent Pici said, "Our message is to be safe. To make sure you have the proper safety equipment and don't put the residents, whether they be your tenants or your family, in harm's way."
As part of the summonses, the building’s owners are due to appear in court on May 9.


More from News 12