What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's steak pizzaiola
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make steak pizzaiola.
1 small London broil
1 green pepper (cut into strips)
1 red pepper (cut into strips)
½ Spanish onion (cut into strips)
10 Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 tbs garlic (chopped)
½ cup white wine
1 cup marinara
¼ cup oil
Chopped parsley for garnish.
1. Season the London broil with salt and pepper, place on a hot grill and cook for two minutes on each side.
2. Once meat is cooked, set aside and let rest.
3. In a sauté pan heat oil and add the peppers and onions.
4. While the peppers and onions are cooking, proceed to thinly slice the London broil making sure to cut against the grain and set aside.
5. Once the peppers are slightly wilted and the onions are translucent add the garlic and cherry tomatoes, stir and cook for two minutes.
6. Add the white wine and reduce by half.
7. Add the marinara sauce and the sliced meat and cook for an additional two minutes.
8. Add the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
9. Remove from heat and garnish with parsley.