What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's bucatini with roasted garlic and cauliflower
Chef Chris Perrotta shows News 12’s Lily Stolzberg how to make cauliflower pasta.
10 Cloves roasted garlic
Half of a head of cauliflower
1 Cup panko breadcrumbs toasted
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
Bucatini pasta or any long shaped pasta
1. Roast a head of garlic in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees once cool remove cloves and set aside.
2. Chop cauliflower roughly.
3. Put up a pot of salted pasta water.
4. In a large sauté pan on high heat add olive oil and cook cauliflower until tender and slightly brown.
5. Add roasted garlic to cauliflower.
6. Put pasta in boiling water then add one ladle of pasta water to sauté pan add butte r.
7. Once pasta is al dente drain and add to sauté pan toss with parmigiana and chopped parsley.
8. Plate and and top with toasted breadcrumb mixture of oregano, the zest of one lemon, dried oregano, top with more parmigiana cheese.