What’s Cooking: Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make shrimp pasta.
- 1 Zucchini (cut in to ½ inch rounds)
· 12 Shrimp (21/25 tail off)
· ½ pound bow tie pasta
· 1 tbs garlic (chopped)
· ¼ cup white wine
· ¼ cup lemon juice
· ¼ cup pasta liquid
· 3 tbs butter
· ¼ cup olive oil
· 2 tbs Pecorino Romano
· 1 tbs parsley (chopped)
1. Cook pasta to your desired doneness, reserving a ½ cup of the cooking liquid, cool and set aside.
2. In a medium sized sauté pan heat oil.
3. Once the oil is hot carefully add the zucchini and cook until slightly brown.
4. Once zucchini is slightly brown remove from pan and set aside.
5. In the same pan add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is fully cooked. The shrimp should be pink at this point.
6. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
7. Remove the oil from the pan and discard.
8. Place the same pan back on heat and add 2 tbs. butter and the garlic.
9. Cook the garlic in the butter being careful not to brown.
10. Add the white wine to stop the cooking process and cook until the smell of alcohol dissipates.
11. Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil.
12. Add the cooked shrimp and zucchini back to the pan.
13. Add 1 tbs. of butter and parsley.
14. Add the pasta, the pasta water and pecorino.
15. Mix well until all are incorporated.
16. Garnish with parsley and pecorino.