Nanuet family hospitalized after CO poisoning

Seven people, including three children, were rushed to the hospital Monday morning after carbon monoxide filled their Nanuet home. The incident occurred on Louise Place just after 10 a.m. A man

News 12 Staff

Nov 4, 2014, 4:36 AM

Updated 3,546 days ago

Share:

Seven people, including three children, were rushed to the hospital Monday morning after carbon monoxide filled their Nanuet home.
The incident occurred on Louise Place just after 10 a.m.
A man initially brought his wife to Good Samaritan Hospital after she complained of a headache and vomiting.
When she returned home, she felt ill again. The Spring Valley Fire Department was then called and found high levels of carbon monoxide inside.
All family members were taken to the Westchester Medical Center for treatment. A seventh family member was already at work, and was also hospitalized. All are expected to be OK.
Officials say the CO buildup originated from problems with their furnace and water heater.
Experts say incidents like this highlight the danger when cold weather has people sealing off drafts in homes and relying on furnaces and boilers for warmth.
Firefighters say that with the onset of colder weather, it is important to have heating appliances checked and to use carbon monoxide detectors.


More from News 12