STORM WATCH

Dangerous heat lingers through Friday; tracking weekend thunderstorms

Mount Vernon residents recovering after carbon monoxide leak

More than a dozen people are recovering Monday from carbon monoxide poisoning in Mount Vernon. The entire building at 24 West 3rd Street was evacuated Sunday when the potentially deadly gas spread from

News 12 Staff

Apr 24, 2006, 4:58 PM

Updated 6,633 days ago

Share:

More than a dozen people are recovering Monday from carbon monoxide poisoning in Mount Vernon. The entire building at 24 West 3rd Street was evacuated Sunday when the potentially deadly gas spread from the Laundromat and into apartments above. Residents ranging in age from 3 to 40 years old were treated at area hospitals for nausea, headaches and shortness of breath. Those who were evacuated are still waiting to be let back into their apartments. Officials say the leak was the result of a faulty exhaust system. The fire department's report says there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the building. However, the building?s managing agent says there are detectors on each floor. The building department is investigating.


More from News 12