Firefighters rescue person from roof when fire sparks in Peekskill
A resident was hospitalized and a firefighter was injured when flames broke out at a structure in Peekskill Saturday morning.
Officials say the fire sparked shortly before 6 a.m. at 954 Washington St.
Firefighters say they were able to rescue a resident from the roof of the building.
That victim was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital.
A firefighter also suffered a back injury.
It's unclear what sparked the flames at this time.