Fire displaces tenants at Eastchester building

About a dozen people were left homeless Saturday after a popular Eastchester luncheonette on the first floor of their apartment building went up in flames. Fire officials say the blaze broke out along

News 12 Staff

Oct 4, 2008, 10:50 PM

Updated 5,707 days ago

Share:

Fire displaces tenants at Eastchester building
About a dozen people were left homeless Saturday after a popular Eastchester luncheonette on the first floor of their apartment building went up in flames.
Fire officials say the blaze broke out along Post Road shortly after Lotto N? Things Deli opened for the day. About a dozen tenants of the building, some still in their pajamas, rushed out of their homes and made it out safely.
The Red Cross is working to get hotel rooms for some of the families who were forced out of their apartments. It is still unknown when they will be allowed back into the building.


More from News 12