Fire breaks out in debris-filled home

Firefighters say they battled flames at a garbage-filled Yonkers home early Monday morning. The elderly man?s home, located at 15 Argyle Terrace, caught fire at around 7:00 a.m. When firefighters arrived,

News 12 Staff

Jun 15, 2009, 11:13 PM

Updated 5,462 days ago

Share:

Fire breaks out in debris-filled home
Firefighters say they battled flames at a garbage-filled Yonkers home early Monday morning.
The elderly man?s home, located at 15 Argyle Terrace, caught fire at around 7:00 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they say they found piles of boxes, newspapers, and other debris inside the house.
Firefighters say the flames may have started in the kitchen, possibly from a stove.
The man, who lives alone in the house, was not injured. He was later taken to the Westchester Red Cross because of the damage his house received from the fire.


More from News 12