Fire breaks out at Glen Island Harbour Club

The historic Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle may be shut down Tuesday night after a grease fire in the kitchen raged out of control, damaging parts of the complex. ?There was a lot of smoke

News 12 Staff

Dec 17, 2008, 10:28 PM

Updated 5,642 days ago

Share:

Fire breaks out at Glen Island Harbour Club
The historic Glen Island Harbour Club in New Rochelle may be shut down Tuesday night after a grease fire in the kitchen raged out of control, damaging parts of the complex.
?There was a lot of smoke pouring over the Sound,? says Fire Chief Raymond Kiernan. ?It looked bleak when we first got here.?
According to fire officials, the blaze broke out at around 3 p.m. while workers were getting ready for a catering event. Firefighters who arrived at the scene were able to contain the flames and heavy smoke, but the roof of the casino had to be taken apart to look for smoldering beams. No one was hurt in the incident.
A party that was scheduled for Tuesday evening had to be canceled. It is still unknown whether several weddings that were supposed to take place at Glen Island over the weekend will also be canceled or relocated.


More from News 12