Elderly Harrison man dies of carbon monoxide poisoning

<p>A 90-year-old Harrison man is dead after investigators say he made a fatal mistake and was overcome by carbon monoxide.</p>

News 12 Staff

Dec 4, 2017, 7:51 PM

Updated 2,421 days ago

Share:

A 90-year-old Harrison man is dead after investigators say he made a fatal mistake and was overcome by carbon monoxide.
Police say it appears that John Buonsante left his car running in his New Haven Street garage overnight and was overcome by carbon monoxide gas Monday.
They say Buonsante was found in a living room chair around 9:30 a.m. Monday by his daughter, who called police.
Police say the ignition in Buonsante’s Chrysler was on in his attached garage, with the door closed.  The car had run out of gas by the time Buonsante was found, but fumes were still coming out of the vehicle.
Investigators say there were no working carbon monoxide or smoke detectors in the house.
Neighbors tell News 12 that the victim was a member of the Knights of Columbus and Saint Gregory's Church in Harrison.
Police say there were no signs of foul play.
.


More from News 12