Deerpark home fills with smoke after dog hits kitchen stove on

Firefighters were called to a home in Deerpark Tuesday morning after a fire was sparked by a dog. Fire officials say the homeowner was dog sitting for a friend. They say she took out a container of

News 12 Staff

Jun 3, 2014, 9:13 PM

Updated 3,699 days ago

Share:

Firefighters were called to a home in Deerpark Tuesday morning after a fire was sparked by a dog.
Fire officials say the homeowner was dog sitting for a friend. They say she took out a container of dog food, left it on top of the stove and fell asleep. Somehow the dog managed to hit the stove on, causing the container to melt.
The homeowner and four dogs escaped unharmed. Fire officials say two of the dogs were treated for smoke inhalation, but are doing fine.


More from News 12