What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's truffle risotto balls
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make truffle risotto balls.
5 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
½ cup onion, (small dice)
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
½ cup grated pecorino romano
1 cup shredded mozzarella
3 tbs. urbani white truffle mushroom paste
2 tbs parsley (chopped)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a simmer; reduce heat and keep warm.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet or pot, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion, and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
4. Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is fully coated with butter, 1 minute.
5. Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
6. With a ladle, add about 1 cup broth to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until broth is absorbed, 4 minutes.
7. Repeat, gradually adding broth by the cupful and stirring constantly, until rice is tender but still al dente and sauce is creamy 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the, pecorino, mozzarella, and white truffle paste.
9. Set aside and let cool.
3 ea. Eggs
2 cups Flour
2 cups Panko Bread crumbs
I gal. vegetable oil
1. Portion rice into 4 oz balls, and set aside.
2. Repeat this process until all rice is finished
3. Start breading your rice balls with the flour first, then egg then bread crumbs. And set all aside
4. In a medium stock pot heat your oil to 350 deg.
5. Once desired temp. is achieved, gently drop your rice balls in a few at a time.
6. Carefully remove them from the oil once the rice balls are golden brown.