What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's stuffed mushrooms
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make stuffed mushrooms.
• 2 ½ cups Italian-style dried bread crumbs
• ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano
• 2 tbs. minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 28 large (2 1/2-inch-diameter) white mushrooms, stemmed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper, to taste, and ¾ cup of olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
3. Mix all ingredients until the bread mixture resembles wet sand and all ingredients are incorporated well.
4. Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Garnish with pecorino and parsley.