What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's Stromboli
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make Stromboli.
4 slices ham
4 slices peperoni
4 slices genoa salami
4 slices provolone
6 oz shredded mozzarella
2 tbs sesame seeds
12 oz Fresh pizza dough
2 tbs olive oil
1. Drizzle oil on a sheet pan.
2. Stretch dough evenly until it is thin.
3. Start to layer all the Italian meats on the dough starting with the peperoni then the salami and finishing with the ham.
4. Layer the provolone on top of the ham and top with the shredded mozzarella.
5. Once all ingredients are stacked start to roll trying not have the dough overlap.
6. Pinch the dough closed so it does not open during the cooking process.
7. Place the Stromboli fold side down on the oiled sheet pan.
8. Crack the eggs and make an egg wash.
9. Make four to five cuts along the top of the Stromboli.
10. Brush the egg wash on the Stromboli and top with the sesame seeds.
11. Cook at 450 deg for 12 to 15 mins. Or until golden brown.