What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's potato croquettes
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make potato croquettes.
2 lbs boiled potatoes (cooked until soft)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup Pecorino Romano
1 tsp. parsley (chopped)
4 eggs (beaten)
2 cups flour
2 cups panko bread crumb
1 qt. oil (for frying)
1. In a bowl place potatoes and mash until smooth.
2. Add the pecorino, shredded mozzarella and chopped parsley.
3. Mix until all are incorporated well.
4. Portion out the contents of the bowl to your desired size balls.
5. Shape each ball to resemble a small football and set aside.
6. Heat oil to 350 deg.
7. Begin breading your croquettes by first dredging in flour the in the egg mixture and finally coating with panko.
8. Carefully place each croquette in the hot oil and cook until golden brown.