What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's antipasto pasta salad
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make antipasto pasta salad.
• 1 lb. Orecchiette
• ¼ lb. Ham cappy (large Dice)
• ¼ lb. Salami (large Dice)
• ¼ lb. Sopressata (large Dice)
• ¼ lb. Celegini
• ½ lb. Sharp Provolone (large dice)
• ½ cup Roasted Pepper (large dice)
• ½ cup Five type pitted olives
• ½ cup Artichoke Hearts (quartered)
• ½ cup Celery (large dice)
• ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
• 1 tbs. Dried Oregano
• 3 tbs. Parsley (chopped)
• 1 cup Italian Dressing
1. In a medium sized sauce pot bring 8 quarts of water to a boil.
2. Add Orecchiette to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 9 minutes or until al-dente.
3. Once cooked to desired doneness, strain, cool and set aside.
4. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, reserving one tablespoon of parsley and toss until all are incorporated well.
5. Plate and garnish with the remaining tablespoon of parsley