What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Italian Combo Sandwich
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make an Italian Combo Sandwich.
Italian Combo Sandwich
· Semolina Hero Roll
· Sweet Sopressata (3 slices)
· Mortadella (2 slices)
· Hot Capicolla (4 slices)
· Slicing Pepperoni (3 slices)
· Prosciutto di Parma (1 slice)
· Uncle Giuseppe’s Fresh Mozzarella (2 slices torn up)
· Provolone (2 slices)
· Beefsteak Tomato (5 slices)
· Shredded Lettuce (1/2 cup)
· Marinated Red Pepper Strips (2 oz)
· Pickled Red Onion (1 oz)
· Dried Oregano (2 tsp)
· Red Wine Vinegar (3 TBS)
· Uncle Giuseppe’s Extra- Virgin Olive Oil (3 TBS)
1. When selecting your meats, have your deli counter associate cut them extra thin. Tell them .5 on the slicer.
2. Cut bread open lengthwise.
3. Place shredded lettuce into bowl and toss with half the olive oil, red wine vinegar and oregano.
4. Drizzle remaining oil, vinegar and oregano on both top and bottom portion of bread.
5. Place shredded lettuce on bottom portion of bread.
6. Place 5 slices of tomato over lettuce.
7. Place 2 slices of Provolone (cut in half) over tomato.
8. Place 3 slices of Sopressata over Provolone.
9. Place 2 slices of Mortadella over Sopressata.
10. Place 4 slices of Hot Capicolla over Mortadella.
11. Place 5 slices of Pepperoni over Hot Capicolla.
12. Place 1 slice of prosciutto cut in half over Pepperoni.
13. Shred mozzarella and place over Pepperoni.
14. Place pickled onions and marinated peppers over mozzarella.
15. Cover with top portion of bread.