Toxic fumes cause evacuation in Congers

A report of toxic fumes caused a hazmat scare at a Rockland County business Friday morning. Rockland County's hazmat team arrived at Intercos Global Cosmetics in Congers after overheated sorbic acid

News 12 Staff

Dec 20, 2014, 12:58 AM

Updated 3,505 days ago

Share:

A report of toxic fumes caused a hazmat scare at a Rockland County business Friday morning.
Rockland County's hazmat team arrived at Intercos Global Cosmetics in Congers after overheated sorbic acid caused toxic fumes.
Owners of the building called for a voluntary evacuation after at least two people reported feeling ill just before 11 a.m. Several people were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
The hazmat team has since left the scene after securing the building.


More from News 12