Summer camp costs expected to increase over 15%
Attention parents - the cost of your kid's summer camp is expected to skyrocket this year.
Experts say you can expect prices to jump 15%.
The rise is partially because of inflation, but also because of costly COVID-19 safety protocols and supply and demand issues.
Yonkers-based Consumer Reports has some tips on how to save on summer camps.
• Ask about discounts and scholarships.
• Claim a tax credit, if you qualify
• Don't buy all the supplies the camp recommends.
• Look for deals.
• Put your rewards card to use.
• Reduce your transportation costs.
For more on savings, click here.