Ramapo police: House fire caused by candle in menorah

Ramapo police say a fire that left a family of seven homeless for the holidays was sparked by a candle in a menorah. More than 60 firefighters worked to save the two-story home on Tauber Road Friday

News 12 Staff

Dec 22, 2014, 10:57 PM

Updated 3,498 days ago

Share:

Ramapo police say a fire that left a family of seven homeless for the holidays was sparked by a candle in a menorah.
More than 60 firefighters worked to save the two-story home on Tauber Road Friday night, but the flames were too powerful.
Everyone living in the home got out safely.
The displaced residents are helped by their neighbors.


More from News 12