Overloaded extension cord blamed for deadly Yonkers apartment fire

The fire on Saratoga Avenue took the life 64-year-old resident Peter Lettieri on Sunday.

News 12 Staff

Feb 28, 2020, 11:12 AM

Updated 1,548 days ago

Share:

An overloaded extension cord may have been the cause of a fatal apartment fire in Yonkers, according to Yonkers fire officials.
The fire on Saratoga Avenue took the life 64-year-old resident Peter Lettieri on Sunday.
Fire officials say 31 others, including 26 firefighters, were injured.
Investigators say the extension cord was under a bed in a first-floor apartment.
The Red Cross is working with six displaced families that include 26 adults and seven children, plus several pets.


More from News 12