Officials: Extension cord to blame in Yonkers fire

An extension cord led to a fire that displaced nearly two dozen people in Yonkers, fire officials say. Flames erupted from a multifamily home at 174 Linden St. at around 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Investigators

News 12 Staff

Mar 31, 2015, 1:07 AM

Updated 3,400 days ago

Share:

An extension cord led to a fire that displaced nearly two dozen people in Yonkers, fire officials say.
Flames erupted from a multifamily home at 174 Linden St. at around 1:30 a.m. Sunday. Investigators say an extension cord under a mattress on the second floor sparked the fire. It then quickly spread to the other floors.
No tenants were seriously injured. Four cats died as a result of the fire.
Seven families were displaced by the blaze. They are being assisted by the Red Cross.
The building's landlord says that tenants are not currently allowed back inside the building.


More from News 12