HEAT ALERT

Extreme heat continues, scattered strong storms possible this afternoon and evening

High levels of carbon monoxide scare tenants in Yonkers apartment

Tenants were alarmed by a carbon monoxide leak last night in Yonkers

News 12 Staff

Nov 12, 2019, 4:06 PM

Updated 1,684 days ago

Share:

Tenants were alarmed by a carbon monoxide leak last night in Yonkers.
Emergency crews were summoned to 7 Schroeder St around 9:30 last night.
The impacted apartment was temporarily evacuated and ventilated by firefighters until the carbon monoxide level dropped to zero.
The family in the apartment was not affected. However, two other adults were transported to Westchester County Medical Center due to exposure.
The deputy chief of personnel for the Yonkers Fire Department sent a statement to News 12.
“We have no reports of the heat being off or any other issues in the building. We are checking further with municipal housing,” said Daniel P. Flynn.
It appears to have been an isolated incident. No other apartments were affected.


More from News 12