Goshen superintendent: Several students hospitalized after ingesting unknown substance
Several students in Goshen were taken to the hospital Thursday after ingesting an unknown substance, according to the district superintendent.
Goshen School District Superintendent Kurtis Kotes says the Goshen High School students presented themselves to the school nurse after experiencing symptoms of pale skin, elevated heart rate, slurred speech, unsteady gait, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting.
News 12 was told the students ate a candy-like substance that turned out to be some form of edible drug.
Kotes said the symptoms varied from student to student.
He added that the students are now home with their parents.
Kotes said school buses were delayed today for the students to be transported by EMS.
He added that this was a “difficult day“ for the district.
The incident in Goshen follows a similar one in Yonkers in which three elementary school students were taken to the hospital after eating edible marijuana.