Fire officials rule combustible materials caused Port Chester fire

Officials say the home's floors had just been redone and that used rags were left piled on the floor, causing a spontaneous combustion that led to the fire.

News 12 Staff

Mar 6, 2023, 1:09 PM

Updated 445 days ago

Share:

Fire officials say combustible materials are to blame for a fire on the second floor of an Olivia Street residence in Port Chester Saturday.
Officials say the home's floors had just been redone and that used rags were left piled on the floor, causing a spontaneous combustion that led to the fire.
They say combustible materials self-heat to a temperature high enough for a fire to occur.
Firefighters were able to quickly put the fire out and contain it to one room.


More from News 12