STORM WATCH

Extreme heat continues with scattered storms throughout the weekend

Fire damages two-story home in Ossining

A house in Ossining was damaged Wednesday night by a fast-moving fire.

News 12 Staff

Jan 17, 2019, 10:40 AM

Updated 1,982 days ago

Share:

A house in Ossining was damaged Wednesday night by a fast-moving fire.
Fire officials say a two-story house on Cedar Lane caught fire around 8:30 p.m.
Investigators tell News 12 the cause of the fire was a space heater in the garage. 
Fire officials say smoke detectors alerted the one person who was home at the time to smoke in the garage and they called for help.
They say it was just in time because it didn't take long before the flames started to travel.
Firefighters were able to quickly put the flames out and contain the fire to the one side of the house.
No one was injured in the fire.
Fire officials are reminding residents who use space heaters to make sure everything is about 3 feet away from the heater, whether it's electric or butane.

Fire officials tell News 12 that crews were able to keep the damage to the outside of the house, so the people living there should be able to return home soon.


More from News 12