False carbon monoxide detector reading causes scare in Middletown

False carbon monoxide readings scared Orange County residents and business owners Monday night. At least five tenants of a Main Street apartment building in Middletown said their carbon monoxide detectors

News 12 Staff

Nov 24, 2015, 7:48 AM

Updated 3,124 days ago

Share:

False carbon monoxide readings scared Orange County residents and business owners Monday night.
At least five tenants of a Main Street apartment building in Middletown said their carbon monoxide detectors gave off dangerously high levels at around 5:15 p.m. Monday.
But fire officials said the bad readings came from a malfunctioning boiler that ran out of water.
Officials were on the scene for a safety check. Tenants were allowed return to their homes, but the building will be without heat until crews repair the boiler.


More from News 12