HEAT ALERT

Extreme heat continues, scattered strong storms possible this afternoon and evening

CO leak prompts evacuation of Ossining nursing home

An apparent carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a nursing home in Ossining Saturday evening.

News 12 Staff

Oct 6, 2019, 1:02 AM

Updated 1,722 days ago

Share:

An apparent carbon monoxide leak forced the evacuation of a nursing home in Ossining Saturday evening.
Sources tell News 12 that construction caused the leak at Bethel Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Ossining.
Nursing home visitors, who did not want to go on camera, told News 12 that they first called the fire department when carbon monoxide alarms started to go off.
First responders arrived quickly to Narragansett Avenue, opening windows and getting everyone back indoors in about an hour.


More from News 12