Carbon monoxide concerns force Yonkers neighborhood evacuation
Ice wasn't the only worry for some business owners and residents in one Yonkers neighborhood this morning.
A gas leak forced the evacuation of an area on Main Street, and parts of Palisade Avenue and Ann Street are now blocked off.
The Yonkers Fire Department says the gas is coming from electrical wires burning below the roadway, emitting dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
Officials are waiting on Con Ed to fix the problem. Until then, the area has been evacuated and the fire department is ventilating affected buildings.