Brother addresses death of Newburgh boy believed to have been starved to death

The family of a deceased Newburgh boy believed to have died by starvation broke their silence Friday for the first time since the child has been identified by police.
The life of Peter Cuacuas, 7, was cut short when Newburgh police say the boy was taken to the hospital by a caretaker last week, hours after he died.
So far, the child's death remains under investigation but an official source says the autopsy shows the boy was starved to death, abused and neglected. Sources also say the boy was autistic.
Police confirm signs of abuse and neglect and on Thursday, revealed his identity for the first time.
As all eyes turn to family for answers, his adult brother, Ramiro Cuacuas, released this statement on Facebook:
"The loss of our brother Peter has shattered our hearts and changed our lives. There are no words to describe this senseless act."
So far, it's not known who the boy lived with when he died inside an apartment building on William Street.
His father, Arturo Cuacuas, posted regularly and publicly about his son up until 2017. The child was a student at Temple Hill Elementary in New Windsor and so far, it's not known whether he attended class in person or online for someone to notice he needed help.
News 12 reached out to the boy's brother and father but has not heard back.
The Orange County District Attorney's Office says it is devoting all resources to the case, which is expected to go before a grand jury for review.