Blaze leaves family homeless

A fire in Rockland County overnight has left several people homeless. Firefighters say flames broke out at a home on Twin Elms Lane in New City around 8 p.m. yesterday. They say the house was fully

News 12 Staff

Dec 10, 2014, 10:52 PM

Updated 3,457 days ago

Share:

Blaze leaves family homeless
A fire in Rockland County overnight has left several people homeless.
Firefighters say flames broke out at a home on Twin Elms Lane in New City around 8 p.m. yesterday. They say the house was fully engulfed with heavy flames shooting out of the windows by the time they arrived.
Everyone made it out of the home safely, but one resident was hospitalized for smoke inhalation. Police say a family cat died in the blaze.
Fire officials say the blaze tore through the house very quickly making it impossible to save. A preliminary investigation indicates that unattended candles ignited the fire which started in an old bedroom used for storage in the lower level of the house.
The Red Cross is helping those displaced residents.


More from News 12