Adult and minor arrested for Croton car break-ins
Two people have been arrested for a series of car break-ins in Croton-on-Hudson, according to police.
Officials say one adult and one minor were apprehended Monday for stealing a car that had the keyfob left inside, and a number of belongings found in other cars.
Both suspects are now facing charges of grand larceny. The minor has also been charged with criminal possession of stolen property and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Croton police posted a series of car safety tips on Facebook to assist in preventing these types of larcenies:
• Always lock your vehicle whether it is parked on the street or in your driveway. Do not leave your keys or key fob in the vehicle when it's unattended. A majority of vehicles that are entered or stolen are frequently left unlocked.
• Do not leave valuable possessions in view, especially pocketbooks, bags, electronic and GPS devices.
• Be an observant neighbor. Notify your neighbor if you see that their car is unlocked or valuables are visible inside of the vehicle.
• Notify the police of any suspicious activity in your neighborhood.
• Call 911 to report crimes in progress.