Police: Infant accidentally fed bleach in a baby bottle

Posted: Updated:
MOUNT VERNON -

An infant in Mount Vernon is expected to fully recover after police say the child drank bleach from a baby bottle.

Officers were called to the home along Franklin Avenue Thursday night.

Police say the infant's 3-year-old sibling accidentally filled the baby's bottle from a water bottle that contained bleach. 

A city spokesperson says it's unlikely the parents will face charges. City officials say they are not releasing any more information about the incident.

 

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."