Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Carbon monoxide leak evacuates senior housing complexPosted: Updated:
A wing in a senior living complex in Monsey had to be evacuated Tuesday night after a carbon monoxide leak.
Fire officials say it happened just before 8 p.m. at the Fountainview Nursing Home on College Road.
Multiple fire departments and the Rockland County hazmat team arrived on the scene to inspect the damage and residents. No one had dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in their system.
Fire officials believe they have tracked the source of the leak to a super heater for the dish washing system and were working to restart the unit to make sure the problem is solved.
Residents were allowed back inside the building, while carbon monoxide levels are being monitored.