Harriman couple warns parents of dangers of not anchoring furniture

Posted: Updated:
HARRIMAN -

Parents of the little girl who died when a dresser fell on top of her are warning others in hopes of preventing a similar tragedy from happening again.

Erica and Aaron say their daughter, Harper, was trying to reach the TV when the entire dresser came down on her in 2016. She was 3 years old.

The Frieds say they did not know children's furniture needed to be anchored. In the months after the tragedy, they found other parents who didn't seem to be aware of the danger, either.

They started Harper Smiles to educate parents on how to better protect their children at home.

The couple hopes to raise money this year to provide area hospitals and pediatricians with pamphlets about tip-over dangers to give to new parents.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."