Home severely damage by fire

Posted: Updated:
SOMERS -

Firefighters rushed to a house fire on Mahopac Avenue in Somers Friday.

The flames broke out around 6 p.m.

Officials say everyone inside was able to make it out OK, but they won't be able to return because the house was heavily damaged by the fire.

There is no word yet on what sparked the flames. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."