Fighters battle flames and frozen hydrants in MiddletownPosted: Updated:
A house fire in Middletown displaced a family of six and forced firefighters to overcome frozen hydrants.
Fire officials say a house on Horton Avenue went up in flames around 7:30 a.m. after a fire sparked in a basement kitchenette. They say the occupants were all inside at the time but got out safely.
Middletown Fire Chief Sam Barone says the bitter cold forced firefighters to keep the hoses running and bring in heat to stay warm.
Authorities say they don't yet know the cause of the fire.