Officials: Cigarette may be to blame for Monsey house fire

Posted: Updated:
MONSEY -

Fire officials say a cigarette may be to blame for a fire at a Monsey home. 

It started just after 9 a.m. on Albert Drive. Five people inside the home got out safely.

It took firefighters 30 minutes to put out the flames.
 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."