Mold invades Hendrick Hudson H.S. basement

Officials at Hendrick Hudson High School in Montrose are working to clean up a growing mold problem.

The mold was discovered while workers were remodeling an area of the school basement, which has been plagued by excess moisture in recent years. The mold has contaminated rooms used by the school?s music programs. That section of the school has been cordoned off until the cleanup is completed. The original renovations were expected to cost about $200,000, but the cleanup of mold could now add another $100,000 to that figure.

Many students have complained that the smell is horrible and has made them nauseous or given them headaches. Even though students report odors elsewhere in the building, the superintendent claims there is no danger. There are no reports of anyone becoming ill from the mold. The cleanup is expected to take several weeks.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."