Firefighter battles blaze at his own home
A Pleasantville firefighter was called to battle flames at his own home on Great Oak Lane Sunday night.
Embers were still smoldering Monday morning after firefighters battled to put out hot spots. Firefighters say the overnight blaze started in a third-floor bedroom after an attic fan shorted out.
The homeowner, Lynda Shenkham Curtis, said she and her partner were home at the time of the fire and called 911. Curtis? son is a firefighter and rushed to the home with his fellow workers to put out the flames.