Storage building goes up in flames

Some Rockland County business owners are breathing a sigh of relief today after firefighters were able to stop a fire in a storage building from spreading.



Fire officials say flames broke out at a storage facility on Orchard Street in Monsey around 10:30 p.m. Monday.



The building, containing a forklift, propane tanks and other materials was quickly engulfed by flames. The fire then spread to a delivery box truck that was parked near the building.



Next door, the Rockland Kosher supermarket was evacuated, but firefighters were able to stop the flames from spreading.



No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. There is no word yet on the cause of the fire.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."