Owner: Dog injured by Thornwood groomer

The owner of an English bulldog says her pet was severely burned with a dryer during a routine visit at the Paw Salon in Thornwood last week.



Owner Chantel Carpentieri says 4-year-old Bella has been suffering since the incident occurred.



"When I was wiping her down, I noticed there was pus and blood coming down her back," said Carpentieri.



The groomer who cared for Bella apologized to Carpentieri, but claimed the injuries were caused by brushing, not burning.



The Westchester County Health Department says Paw Salon received a violation for operating without a permit, but has since obtained one.



Carpentieri filed a complaint with the SPCA, but the case will not be pursued because the injuries to Bella were deemed accidental.



Two other pet owners have previously complained about similar incidents at the Paw Salon.



Joe Horan, who works as a groomer for a different pet salon, says pet owners should have an open discussion with their groomers to get the best care for their pets.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."