Police: 5-year-old choked to death
A 5-year-old boy died overnight in New Rochelle.
Police say the boyfriend of the toddler's mother called 911 saying the boy was choking on some noodles around 1:30 a.m. at an apartment at 345 Main St. They say the mother was at work at the time.
EMTs performed CPR before rushing the child to Montefiore Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators say they are waiting for the results of an autopsy, but that a preliminary report indicates the death was accidental.