1 injured in Port Chester fire

A small fire in Port Chester quickly turned into a raging inferno, injuring one person and destroying a home.



Fire officials say the flames broke out around 8 p.m. Sunday at a house on Betsy Brown Road.



The homeowner, Gilbert Araujo, was taken to Westchester Medical Center. He was treated for a cut on his hand and minor burns and released.



John Cavini, a friend of Araujo for nearly 40 years, says the power in the house was shut off several days ago and that it was being illuminated by candles.


sorry to interrupt
your first 5 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 5 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."