Your Road Trip Close to Home adventure guide for Oct. 5
Don't be sour ... we've got pickleball fun for you in New Jersey! Then we head to Nassau County’s largest nature preserve - with over 500 acres of fields, woodlands, ponds and estate grounds. We wrap it all up with a trip to Garrison for some Hudson Valley hidden gems - all on a Road Trip Close to Home.
- 4 Farrington Blvd. | Monroe Township, New Jersey 08831
Muttontown Preserve features more than 500 acres of fields, woodlands, ponds and estate grounds.
- Located on Route 25A west of Jericho-Oyster Bay Road, Muttontown Lane | East Norwich, New York 11732
Boscobel House and Gardens
- 1601 Route 9D
- Grounds and gardens open 9 a.m. to sunset Thursday through Monday. Guided house tours available 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Saturdays and 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
- 7 Garrison’s Landing
- Open 4-9 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4-9:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 4-9 p.m. Sundays.
Brooklyn-born Michael Richards died while working in a studio on the 92nd floor of tower one of the World Trade Center buildings on Sept. 11. His works are now on display at the Bronx Museum of the Arts.
- 1040 Grand Concourse | The Bronx, New York 10456
- "Michael Richards: Are You Down?" exhibit open through Jan. 7, 2024.
- Open 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday.
- 1875 Noble Ave. | Bridgeport, Connecticut 06610
- 5:30-9:30 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays until Dec. 2.
- W. 67th St. | New York, New York 10023
- Open 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday.