What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's zucchini bean salad
Chef Vinny Olivieri, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make zucchini bean salad.
1 Spanish onion (sliced)
1 zucchini (medium dice)
1 yellow squash (medium dice)
2 cups cannellini beans
1 tsp chopped garlic.
1 tsp thyme (chopped)
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbs olive oil
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tbs shallots (minced)
Salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for dressing:
1. In a small bowl add shallots, mustard, red wine vinegar and thyme.
2. Vigorously whisk while slowly adding the olive oil.
3. Once all oil is added the mixture should look emulsified.
4. Add salt and pepper and set aside.
1. In a sauté pan heat 2 tbs of oil and add onion.
2. Sauté onion until they caramelize.
3. Add garlic, zucchini and yellow squash and cook for two minutes making sure not to overcook. The zucchini and squash should remain al dente.
4. Add the contents of the pan to a medium sized bowl, add the beans and dressing.
5. Mix until all are incorporated and serve.