What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's Tuscan Alfredo
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make Tuscan penne Alfredo with chicken sundried tomato and broccoli.
• ¼ lb. Penne (cooked)
• 1 ea. Small Broccoli Crown
• 3 ea. Large Sundried Tomatoes (cut into strips)
• 2 ea. Small grilled chicken cutlets (cut into cubes)
• 10 ea. Garlic cloves (roasted)
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 1-pint Heavy cream
• ½ cup Pecorino Romano
• Chopped Parsley (for garnish)
1. Cut Broccoli Crown into small florets, blanch and set aside.
2. In a medium sauté pan add the olive oil and heat.
3. Once oil is hot, add the roasted garlic and saute for one minute.
4. Add the broccoli and cook for one minute.
5. Add the sundried tomatoes and the chicken and sauté for another minute.
6. Once all ingredients are hot remove and set aside.
7. In the same sauté pan add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
8. Add the pecorino and mix until the sauce is thick and creamy making sure that there are no clumps of cheese.
9. Toss in pasta and mix until the pasta is fully coated with the sauce.
10. Plate the pasta and top with the rest of the hot ingredients.
11. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!